Thursday 30 July 2015

Status update: my hair's response to the castor oil challenge

In my last post at this link, I mentioned that I was taking part in the intermediate level of the castor oil challenge. As you may know, castor oil has many benefits such as:


  • Promoting healthier and thicker hair strands
  • Regrows edges and helps with a receding hair line
  • Moisture sealing and conditioning of hair
  • Does not clog pores
  • Controls dry and itchy scalp
  • Improves scalp circulation which in turn promotes hair growth
How has the challenge been so far?

I have been faithful in applying the oil to my scalp twice a week. However I am in a protective style and was only able to properly use the oil as a sealant before plaiting my hair. I also have succeeded in using the oil in my daily spritz,which I apply to both the cornrows and the twisted braids of my hair. When I take down the protective style next week (it will be 4 weeks then) I will use the oil in my deep conditioner as well. So far my hair is loving it and there's a significant amount of growth I am seeing as well as lesser itching. Here are some pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment